Warning: Use of undefined constant WPLANG - assumed 'WPLANG' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/thegra09/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-resized-image-quality/wp-resized-image-quality.php on line 88 The Gracest - be the most you.
Beach, please. I know I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I likelove the beach. Growing up in Jersey, we went down to the shore every Summer (I know, I know, Jersey Shore…#classic), and when I left for college, I ended up picking a school that was, you guessed it – at the beach.
Living in Palm Beach was one of the best decisions I ever ended up making (got a husband out of it, hey!), so when Daniel and I had the chance to go back for the first time in four years for a wedding, I. Was. Pumped. Excited of course to see dear old friends and celebrate a new marriage, but also to return to my favorite former home. And what does a visit to your favorite former home merit? Some ultra Palm Beach outfits, obviously. 😉 Read more
The 70’s called…and they want their jumpsuit back. I don’t know what’s in the water, but these past few months I’ve been all about a good 70’s throwback outfit. The thing is, if you would’ve asked me what my least favorite decade was style-wise in recent years, the 70’s would’ve been my definite answer, without even a second thought. Think about it. The corduroy. The insane overuse of psychedelic prints. The feathered hair (on men especially…#nah). The rusty muted tones. The bell bottoms. Yuck!
‘Tis the season of luxe textures, rich colors, and warm fabrics – so I decided to pick out some of my Fall bags that I’ve had my eye on and share them with you all. Most of them are simplistic and classic, which is usually what I look for in a good investment piece, and some can even work for year round wear! #bonus So without further adieu, I give you: the Fall Bag Roundup.
FALL BAG ROUNDUP
1. Leopard Calf Hair Clutch – Animal print is one of those things where you either love it or hate it – but either way you’ve got an opinion. I personally used to hate all things animal print, until I came to my senses and realized that leopard can actually act as a great neutral. Needless to say, my opinion has changed on the matter – because I’m gonna need this clutch like yesterday.
2. Isti Emerald Velvet Clutch – There’s not much to say about this little purse other than I love everything about it. Size, shape, tassels, color options – I can see this being a perfect staple for some upcoming Holiday glam.
3. Round Straw Bag with Leather Straps – This little straw number is something I’ve had my eye on for a while now, and while it may initially seem like a Summer bag, it’s neutral color and warm leather straps make it inviting for Fall and beyond as well. Paired with a chunky knit sweater and some statement earrings? Sign me up.
4. Meli Melo Drawstring Bag – You can’t really go wrong with a bucket bag, especially when it’s in a simple yet pretty camel suede like this one. Bonus points for the fact that it can carry a lot. (*raise your hand if your purse has too much stuff in it at any given time*)
5. Green Bucket Bag – I love this more modernized and streamlined take on a bucket bag – which it basically is, just substitute the drawstring for a zipper. This pretty emerald color is perfect for when you’re looking for a nice pop of jewel tones.
6. Madewell Crossbody Bag – Alright, this right here might be my favorite on the list so far – maybe just because I’ve been seriously lusting after a simple crossbody bag with a chain strap, and this fits that bill perfectly. It also doesn’t hurt that I’m a huge Madewell fan. No bells, no whistles, just a perfectly simple bag that will go with just about everything.
7. Crossbody Belt Bag – Okay y’all, the fanny pack is weirdly back in a big way and I’m honestly not mad about it – especially given the fact that I definitely had 2 (okay, 3) gold fanny packs that I was religiously devoted to in college. Trendsetting at it’s finest, #amirite?
8. Yellow Floral Clare V. Clutch – Who says florals are just for Summer? Throw that rule in the dumpster, because clearly this floral Clare V. clutch is proving them dead wrong. And if for some reason you aren’t crazy about this pattern / color combo, they have about a million more options here. Clare V. is one of my all-time favorite bag designers – she sticks to a simplistic French aesthetic, but still knows how to keep it fun.
Which is your favorite Fall bag? Do you have a purse you’ve had your eye on for the season? Drop a link below!
Happy Monday everyone! Another week, another outfit. And can we talk about the view that comes along with it? Honestly, I feel like I could be wearing a garbage bag in these photos and I would still love them. This was my last shoot of the day while I was in NYC, and I couldn’t think of a more perfect place to wrap things up than with this gorgeous view of the city skyline at sunset. Thanks New York, you make me look good. 😉
Alright guys – let’s talk about this floral jumpsuit. My extreme love for it comes with a bit of a backstory (with some good ol’ nostalgia thrown in!).
When I was little (probably around 3 or 4), I went through this phase where all I wanted to wear was this little orange dress that I had. There are photos of me that probably span at least a year, where I’m literally always wearing this dress. At the beach. At home. On the playground. In the sandbox. It didn’t matter where I was or what I was doing – I just wanted to wear that orange dress. It’s funny, because around this same time period I actually claimed that my favorite color was red (despite my love for my orange dress) – so much so, that my parents bought me this book, all about this little girl Ann and how much she loved the color red.
Have you ever found a piece that you just KNEW you had to have at first glance? I mean, we’re talking some serious love at first sight here. A piece so downright you that you catch immediate inspiration for a complete outfit as soon as you see it? A piece that you fall in love with faster than a New York Minute? 😉 To me, those are the best kinds of pieces – when something about them just feels inherently you. That’s exactly what happened to me when I first found these pants at Zara. I’m always down for a classic with a little bit of a twist, and these shiny gold buttons were weird enough in the best way for me to be all about them. I actually call them my Mickey Mouse pants because the buttons are so giant!
One of the things I love about New York is the fact that you never run out of new places to go or streets to explore. I decided to put together a list of some of my favorite places that I had the chance to visit this time around (I always try to find new places each time I visit somewhere unless I find something I love SO MUCH that I have to keep going every time!), so that anyone else who might be planning a trip to NYC now or in the future could take advantage of some fun suggestions. Also, I’m sorry for the quality of some of these photos – I didn’t have Daniel with me this trip to take a bunch of professional looking photos, and honestly sometimes you just don’t feel like lugging a heavy camera around with you anyway. After all, the best camera is the one that you have with you, right?
Feed is a darling little coffeeshop and store right on the waterfront in Dumbo, Brooklyn. What I love about this place is not only their yummy snacks and beautiful aesthetic, but that everything available for purchase goes towards providing meals for people in need. I don’t know about you, but I always feel like I can justify the cost of things far easier knowing that part of that money is going towards something good. They even have a tally of how many meals they’ve provided to people so far, and they’re almost at 100 million meals, which is insane (in such a good way)!
I personally really love their cultivate kindness tote, and they also make a super classic leather tote (that looks really similar to the Madewell tote, except it provides almost 200 meals to people in need!) – all of which you can find on their website, linked above.
Warning: Use of undefined constant custom_pagination - assumed 'custom_pagination' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/thegra09/public_html/wp-content/themes/primrose/index.php on line 39
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, I may receive compensation. This compensation comes at no cost to you, and I will only ever recommend products that I trust, have used, or would use myself. :)
the Gracest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.